I am constantly trying to find recipes for low carb dinner options, salads can get a bit boring after a while even if they are easy. As you know I made low carb lasagna before and wanted something new. I had seen a few recipes online for cauliflower base pizza so I decided to give it a try 🙂 The recipe is pretty easy and I saw so many different types with different ingredients. I used one large cauliflower and got two pizza bases out of it. Here is my step by step guide:
1. Blend the head of one cauliflower, I didn’t use too much of the stalks. It probably depends on different blenders but I could only blend a little at a time.
2. Put the cauliflower in a bowl (I stuck in 3 garlic cloves cut up in aswell) and cover with clingfilm and cook in the microwave for about 8-10 minutes. After I took it out of the microwave I used a bit of kitchen roll to pat out any extra moisture.
3. Mix in two large eggs to the cauliflower and add any type of seasoning you want. I used a few different types of dried herbs, chilli powder and a few other random seasonings I found in the press.
4. Spread out the mixture onto greaseproof paper with a bit of oil on it. I would recommend using a pizza tray with the holes in the tray, as we used a normal oven dish and felt it was a bit moist.
5. Put the pizza base in the oven at 170°c for about 20mins 6. I used tomato puree as the pizza base and fried some chicken, chorizo and cooked ham for my toppings. I used a mozzarella ball which I love on homemade pizza.
7. Stick the pizza back in the oven until it looks ready. Here is mine ☺ I have to say the pizza was great, the base didn’t taste of cauliflower. It actually tasted a bit like a biscuit base but it was great and will definitely be making it again!!